A successful lighting plan usually uses multiple types of fixtures to achieve your lighting goals. Before choosing the style of fixtures you’ll want, consider what your illumination requirements are:
- What are the activities that will happen in the room? What type of light will you need for each?
- Will I need task lighting for specific activities such as reading, cooking, or office work?
- How much general light is required to fully light my room?
- Will I want to be able to vary the output from fully lit to lowered lighting for atmosphere?
- Will I want accent lighting to call attention to particular items in the environment?
When selecting your particular styles, you’ll want to consider how your lighting fixtures will work as part of your decor:
- Do you want light fixtures to stand out in the room’s decor or simply create a good blend with the other room furnishings?
- Are your other furnishings heavy, delicate or somewhere in between? Are they Modern, Traditional, or Transitional?
- Should the light fixtures complement the style of the other elements in the room or introduce a new decorative element?
You can get professional help and answers to these key questions at your nearest Forecast Distributor.Back to top